Thursday, September 17, 2009

questions

on this sundays visit i plan to ask my mom questions about her. she told me the last time that she had a happy life "for the most part". i know more about my dad and his upbringing, his immigrant parents who came from lithuania and of his childhood in chicago. my mom, not so much. i know she was born and grew up in the small town of prescott, arkansas. her dad was a farmer, her mom was a homemaker. i know snippets. i regret not finding out more. i want to know what she wanted to be. what she loved, what made her angry, what she got on a "soap-box" about. i know her little idiosyncrasies but i want to know what makes her tick so to speak. perhaps i have waited to late. i hope not. some days it will hit me, the fact that she won't be here. who will i call for recipes? who will i call when i am sick? who will drive me crazy with questions.?

No comments:

Post a Comment